Mrs Amosa taught us about ANZAC Day last Wednesday. ANZAC Day happens each April 25th in the far away lands of Australia, New Zealand, and Turkey. It is a day of remembrance over a terrible battle fought a long, long, long time ago in World War I.
1 cup plain flour1 cup rolled oats1 cup desiccated coconut (not sweetened)3/4 cup brown sugar125 g butter2 tbsp golden syrup (I used blue agave syrup from Trader Joe’s – – closest thing I could find)2 tbsp water1 tsp baking sodaPreheat oven to 325F
- Sift flour then add other dry ingredients (except baking soda)
- Put butter, syrup & water in small saucepan over medium heat until all ingredients are melted. Stir in baking soda.
- Add all ingredients together and stir until combined
- Roll level tablespoons of mix into balls and place on non-stick tray, flatten with fork.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown, set aside on tray for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack.
- Eat the cookies and think of some kind words to say to a friend!